Sunday 4 February 2018

99.9~Keijisenmon Bengoshi~ sII [Episode 1 Extra notes]

Hello! I've finally released episode 1! I'm sorry for the wait. If I knew it was going to take so long, I would not have created the subtitle post so quickly. I overestimated myself, I'm sorry!

But, episode 1 was released and I hope you've noticed that the font has changed and looks nicer (in my opinion). Timing credits go to Goshiki no Fansub. Again, if there is anything weird, please let me know.

Also, if there is anything that I did not make a translator note of that you would like clarified/explained, leave me a comment and I will add it to this post. Thanks!

Episode 1

1. The names of Sada’s clients/companies
On some of the contracts, you can see the names:

1) Bill Gates (ゲイツビル/Gates Biru) | 2) Microsoft (マイク呂/Maikuro) | 3) Bill Robinson (ロビンソンビル/Robinson Biru)

Saito Takumi (斎藤工) - a Japanese actor

所讓二 = Tokoro Jouji (George) - a Japanese comedian

2. Sada’s office.


Sada's own record label for Kaya Kanako.

The album reads "Run Sada-no-Win" in reference to Sada's race horse from season 1.

The award is read as the "Saku Rai Award" or "Sakuraishou" i.e. Sakurai Sho.

"Sada-san Flack" - a reference to a real racehorse named Kitasan Black.

Sada-no-Monte Carlo - a reference to another race horse, Madame Monte Carlo.
3. The signs in Suzuki-san’s company.


The photo reads "shichiten hayaoki (七転早起)" or fall down seven times and wake up early. Based off a real Japanese idiom "shichiten hakki (七転八起)" which means life has many ups and downs (We fall 7 times and get up 8).

The sign reads "Whatever you do, honesty is always important". Honesty is read as 慎重さ (shinchousa) which also sounds like 身長差 (shinchousa), height difference. It may have been a clue as to how the case for this week would be solved. It is also a reference to a case in season 1 that was also solved by determining the perpetrator's height.



 

2 comments:

  1. Woah ,thank you so much. Can I retranslate your sub ? Of course, I will write the credit :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, go ahead :) As always, let me know if you have any questions about my translation (the puns in particular, there are SO MANY this season).

      Delete