Monday 22 April 2013

Popcorn DVD - quick thoughts

So. I'm currently in the middle of final exams so I haven't actually properly watched the DVD from beginning to end - also my copy of the DVD hasn't actually arrived yet (it's been shipped but it'll take a couple weeks to get to my place) but I have seen bits and piece and I'll just give some quick first time impressions.

Solos:
  • Rakuen - I've never really liked the song that much but Aiba just seemed so happy and energetic during his performance it was kind of hard not to enjoy it. It's definitely made me enjoy the song a lot more
  • Fly on Friday - Again didn't like the song much on the album but Sho made this song REALLY fun. I loved the whole call-and-response thing he had going on (which the song really lends itself too) and overall it just seemed so energetic. Also the costume Sho wore (which is something all the members wore) was one of my favourites, and was really cute. Definitely something I wouldn't mind watching over again just by itself
  • Two - The performance focused a lot more on Ohno's vocals than his dancing so honestly I wasn't as interested. Obviously he did it very well. One thing I'd like to note though is when Ohno does body rolls.... damn, his body looks so fluid. Like it's made out of water or something. It's amazing - and he did body rolls a lot so.. *__*. Haha. But overall this was a performance that focused more on his vocals as it was very simple so honestly I'd rather just listen to the song. 
  • We Wanna Funk, We Need a Funk - ...*snorts*. I'm sorry but there's... just a lot of second hand embarassment I kind of feel from this and it's mostly just due to what Jun is wearing which is this horrendous glittery pimp coat. I am pretty supeficial and I am the type of person that will dislike a performance purely because what they're wearing is crap and this would be it. I didn't dislike it ... yeah, a lot of second hand embarassment. Oh Jun. 
  • Sore ha Yappari Kimi Deshita - Boring song on the album, but seeing Nino play the piano is always love and after Jun's solo it was... a very nice breath of fresh air so very enjoyable in concert form. 
So basically as you can see for the solos.. the one's I liked the least on the album ended up being a lot more enjoyable in concert and the ones I loved in the album - I still enjoyed overall but for Jun's mostly.. a bit too much second hand embarassment to really warrant me re-watching it over and over like I did with Shake It or Come back to Me. I love the guy - I love what he can pull of but.... this one was just not my style. And not much you can do for a song like Two - it's like Take me Faraway - I love it for the vocals.

Other parts
  • The opening video of them being manufactured is actually kind of creepy... The image of Sho made me think more of Yoko from K8 and yeah... I just found it creepy. Also them popping out of a toy pacakge made me think of N*Sync
  • Their opening costumes are hideous and as much as I loved the dance for Up to You I could not get over the hideousness of the costumes
  • Super Fresh is AWESOME - I find the choreograph for it so cute
  • Cosmos - a song I also wasn't all too impressed with also had a great choreo
  • The song after Tsuide Oide I had (surprisingly) actually never heard which really surprised me when it started playing - I now realize it's from the Your Eyes single which explains why I've never heard it. I really like the song though actually now that I have :) 
  • The water screen is absolutely amazing and I love how beautiful it is. For all the other amazing stuff they've had in past concerts I've never truly thought "oh I want this in every concert" but the water screen is something I do want in all their next concerts. It's absolutely beautiful and very impressive and it just gives you this sense of "wow...". I bet it costs a lot of money and uses up a ton of water though -_-;;
  • The Popcorn-Man video was really, really cute and the boys were just adorable in their costumes. Sho and Jun especially. 
  • ...and I think that's about all I can remember for now. If I feel up to it I might translate the MC but I feel like by the time I get around to it subbed versions will be out anyway so maybe there's no point. 
All in all it seemed like a great concert and it always amazes me how they manage to always add in new things that makes each concert just as exciting as the last one. :D I like AraFes more though - and BNMF in Fukuoka Dome will always be my absolute, absolute favourite concert of theirs, next one being Iza! Now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment