Friday 24 May 2013

Fire Emblem: Awakening

I know, this has nothing to do with Arashi but I said this was a fangirl blog and I am fangirling Fire Emblem: Awakening. Well - fangirling isn't really the correct word but I'm pretty obsessed with this game.

When I first started I didn't realize there was a marriage system but once I did realize I pretty much spent all my time pairing people together just for fun, and then I realized they had children and the parents actually effected the stats of the child and I hit another whole new level of intense. I also realise I majorly screwed up with my pairings and a majority of my 2nd-gen characters aren't as strong as they apparently "could be". I currently have about 8-9 super strong characters that can pretty much 1HKO anything and then all my other characters are.. manageable but frustrating.

Chrom, MU, Lucina, Morgan, Lon'qu + Panne, Henry + Tharja... and Kjelle is getting there but when people get through her defense she goes down. Henry and Tharja are also a bit iffy, as they can IHKO but like Kjelle, once they're hit they go down pretty fast. Lon'qu  paired with Panne, neither of them ever get hit and MU is such a beast I can't even deal with how much of a beast she is. Morgan and Lucina as well. Chrom is lacking a bit compared to these three but honestly.

My other characters are just fodder and this is my "normal" file. I've begun a new one on Hard and mean to do this one properly and more logically (thinking more about stats, level-ups, and abilities) but I realised very quickly that Hard mode is definitely a lot harder and there is actually quite a big learning curve for me. Normal mode allowed me to beast through everything relatively easily without giving too much though, but Hard I really have to think as a tactician.

All-in-all I am loving this game and it's going to keep me occupied for a while. Which is good because I that means I can hold of buying new games which means saving money :)

No comments:

Post a Comment