Friday 1 March 2013

Music Station 2013.03.01

I really like Breathless. Ever since the Short PV came out for it I'd been absolutely addicted to this song and I couldn't wait for them to perform it on Music Station because I was expecting an amazing performance (along with Calling) and Arashi did not disappoint.



First I'd just like to start off with saying that all of them just looked really good today. Although I'm still wondering why Jun is wearing a leather jacket when the rest of them are just wearing regular suit jackets - especially since Jun isn't even the main guy for either of the songs. But anyway.

Onto the performances. Breathless was great although I was hoping it would be as epic as Face Down. Wasn't (Face Down currently is still my most loved performance of theirs) but that is totally OK because this performance was still awesome. I especially loved the part when they line up so you can only see Jun, and then Aiba, Sho, Ohno and then Nino pops up at the back looking ridiculously cool (Nino always looks cute to me but in this performance he was awesome). And of course Breathless is just an awesome song in general and Nino's solo at the end just... ugh. Love it. Although I got kind of weirded out when the OhnoxJun part came up cause it was so jarring and unexpected and at first I thought they were transition to Calling but obviously that wasn't the case. I can't say I really like it but it's something I can get used to (kind of like Sho's rapping...)

Onto Calling - backdancers suddenly appear! I still haven't downloaded my own version and have only been watching streaming vids and for some reason the video always seems to lag during the Calling performance (I'm assuming it's because there is just lots more going on in general with all the extra people) but it still seemed like a great performance no less and it made me enjoy the song a lot more Every time I hear the opening I always think it's a KAT-TUN song and was pretty neutral about it (not because it sounds like something KT would sing but just overall I wasn't very impressed) but my mind has been changed slightly. Although the back up dancers make spotting the members a bit more difficult - they're all wearing black after all.

I can see they really enjoy the whole "the four of them line up along the sides while the main member stands in the middle and then turns around and walks to the back' thing. Which is cool and hasn't gotten boring yet. But I especially just love the ending pose with all their hands sticking out and with them wearing all black and just looking so good.

Now onto the talk portions - the Ohno x Nakai that happened just made me laugh and miss Utaban so much. I wish Arashi would work with Nakai again - that was an awesome combination and I'm glad they revived it a bit for Music Station. I know some fans were asking for it and I kind of rolled my eyes because Utaban was TBS and Music Station is TV Asahi and I kind of doubted they would do a cross-over but they did and I was so happy! SMAP in general though was getting along pretty well with all three groups which was entertaining - I wish all the groups did a bit more mixing and interactions (especially since Arashi and Perfume seem to get along pretty well) but I know for one that Arashi is always generally pretty quiet so I wasn't expecting too much from them.

As for what was actually spoken throughout the talk - nothing too spectacular. Because the theme was "top 3 dance performance" they all just kind of commented on the particular songs that got chosen. Chocolate Disco is apparently Perfume's easiest dance and they mentioned doing it with Arashi. SMAP can apparently memorize choreo in 30min/1hr (holy cow o_o all Johnny's must be robots...) and they all question why all the songs the fans chose were from '96 and '97. Some AKB girl can apparently sleep anywhere, and I think they said it was Yuko that walks around naked (or just in her underwear) in the dressing room. With Nakai joking that he's seen it too. MatsuJun talks about the kicking part for Waiha and how it's actually pretty difficult coordinating it with the staff. That's about all I can remember off the top of my head - I'm sure someone will sub the episode though so :)

Can't wait to get my hands on the full episode (not just the Arashi parts) since it's a GREAT line up of artists. Also need to download the episode of Kuwazugirai which Aiba was on with Tabe-chan. I absolutely LOVE Kuwazugirai so I'm excited. Will probably make a post on that as well (might do a few translations if some interesting stuff pop up since I feel like that has a smaller chance of getting translated - but you can't be too sure with Arashi subs groups these days).

No comments:

Post a Comment