Thursday 21 March 2013

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries: Ep.98 - Gratitude

OK. So. This is coming way out from left field because this has absolutely nothing to do with Asian entertainment, or games - but does have slightly to do with books.

I'm sure everyone has heard of Pride and Prejudice that wonderful book by Jane Austen. I'm not one for romance stories but I did enjoy this book quite a bit - as well as the BBC series from way back when. Then, one day, I stumbled upon this little gem. The Lizzie Bennet Diaries - a modern re-telling of Jane Austen's story in the form a vlog run by none-other than the main character herself, Lizzie Bennet.

Let me just say - this series is A-MA-ZING. So please, if you have not, GO CHECK IT OUT.

(everything beyond this will be spoilers for the series - especially the ending)



I started following around episode 30-something this summer in August and I've been waiting and anticipating the moment Lizzie and Darcy would finally get together and they finally did. The moment when Lizzie kissed Darcy I lost it. Slamming my hands on the table, squealing, I wanted to just scream "YES" but I couldn't because I'm living in a dorm and the walls are like paper. Instead I started hitting my leg, really, freakin hard I was just SO EXCITED I actually had to pause the video because I felt like I was hyper-ventilating. The whole moment of FINALLY. Does anyone know that meme where it's this stick guy and he's just like "NOW KISS". Yeah - that was my thoughts for a lot of the series after Lizzie started shadowing Darcy and Pemberley and then they DID and I was just like YES YES YES YES YES.

God I sound like such a freak don't I? I think this is on par with my reaction with Domyouji kissed Makino in HYD-F during the wedding scene. Haha. But it was just amazing. That intense moment of .. just. Ugh. (I'm coherent right now, really, I am). Their love story. Literally - a modern love story. Finally.

I'm so sad and happy that this series is ending but I am honestly so satisfied with how they did everything. It wasn't perfect - there were definitely things that obviously were played up (the convenience of constantly having people just 'walk in' on Lizzie's videos) but what do you expect?

Seriously - even if you guys AREN'T a fan of P&P this is a pretty sick web-series so ya'll should defs check it out! :D (and.. I don't know why I started speaking in weird slang...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment